Golden Goose www.goldengooseonline.com

Golden Goose UK It hit me very

Maybe grandfatherhood hasn't quite hit home for Kurt Russell. Golden Goose UK Sale "I keep seeing Kate on her tricycle," he says of stepdaughter Kate Hudson, 24, who gave birth to Ryder Russell Robinson on Jan. 7. "I guess there is something in me that doesn't connect the dots. But it seems right that she's having her own children. It just feels good." His part-namesake is "a good eater," reports Russell, beaming. "He has got quite a name to live up to, that little guy."

He certainly does. In addition to his new offscreen role, Russell is enjoying a plum one onscreen: In the new drama Miracle, he plays legendary hockey coach Herb Brooks, who led the 1980 U.S. Olympic team to a stunning 4-3 victory over the Soviet Union. "It's pretty fabulous," says Russell, 52 good fortune. "Life is amazing, isn't it?"

To play the hard-driving Brooks, ꔁdopted a Minnesota accent, dyed his hair and distanced himself from the other actors to replicate Brooks's calculatedly standoffish relationship with his players. His performance impressed Brooks's real-life charges. "He portrays Herb and his mannerisms perfectly," says Olympic goalie Jim Craig. "He captured more of Herb than people ever knew."

Yet it wasn't until shortly after shooting wrapped that Russell realized just how personal the role had been. Piloting his twin turboprop Cessna Conquest last August en route to his vacation home in Colorado, Russell heard a radio report that Brooks, 66, had died in a car crash in Minnesota. "It was shocking," says Russell, whose father, actor Bing Russell, had died of cancer at 76 in April. "I realized how close these men were to each other [in personality], and how much of my dad was in the movie. Golden Goose UK It hit me very hard."

While mourning their deaths, Russell found solace in Ryder's arrival. "That baby is wonderful. I Golden Goose Sneakers UK can't wait to see what he turns into," says Russell. "Goldie and I are already lamenting not being able to spend enough time with them." Hudson has picked up parenting tips from the man she calls Pa. (Russell raised Kate and Oliver, 27, Hawn's kids with second husband Bill Hudson, from the time they were tots.) "I learned from growing up with them to do your job the best you can," Kate told the New York Daily News last year, "and go home and concern yourself with your home life.